CompTIA Network+ or CCNET

user8 19:09 21 May 09

Thinking of doing CompTIA Network+ (2009).
And then CCNET or CCNA in late 2009.
Anyone done Cisco CCNET?
And how does if differ from CCNA?

brundle 19:18 21 May 09

CCENT surely? If you do Network+ that's about half the CCENT covered, minus the Cisco specific stuff and actual Cisco IOS programming (only routers for CCENT, no switches).

click here

If you're going to study for the CCENT, taking one more exam for your CCNA while you still have the relevant information fresh in your mind would be a good idea. Pass ICND1 for CCENT, ICDN2 after that for CCNA if you take the two exam approach.

user8 19:20 21 May 09

Correction to above.
Should be CCENT & NOT CCNET

brundle 19:25 21 May 09

I'm doing it myself now...ICND2 not ICDN2....

Tech Guy 19:44 21 May 09

I would certainly go for the CCENT (ICND1).

I have always thought the CompTIA exams are a waste of life, having got the A+ a lot of years ago.

A great forum for Cisco certs:

click here

When you start studying for the ICND1 get CBTNuggetts (Jeremy Cioara is great, you'll see) and the offical cisco exam guide for ICND1.

The CCENT is half of a CCNA ICND1 + ICND2 = CCNA or if you brave can take the single 640-802 exam.

If you do decide to do down the Cisco route, get yourself a lab and learn how to subnet in your sleep

Check out: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…