Compter clearout

sunshine65 15:07 23 Oct 10

I wish to give my computer to my nephew, but I would like to wipe it clean of any flees and info. Can you recommend a way or program I get to do this. ?. Many thanks.

GaT7 15:09 23 Oct 10

Eraser click here. Do not run it more than 1-3 passes, otherwise it could take forever depending on the drive's size. Also, best run overnight when nobody's using the system. G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:20 23 Oct 10

1. Do you have the disks for the machine?

If so wipe with eraser and reinstall windows and all the drivers.

2. if you do not have the disks can you do a factory reset form a hidden partition?

if so do the factory reset and then use something like Ccleaner wipe the free space 3 times.

GaT7 15:24 23 Oct 10

Sorry, I should have also asked if you can do it in Windows. This will involve connecting the drive (to be erased) only to another working Windows system.

If the above is not an option, then DBan click here would be more suitable as it can be run from the original computer itself by creating a boot disk & doesn't need an installed OS to function.

Good thinking by FB regarding the machine install discs. Also make sure to note down the Product key if you don't have the COA stuck on the PC or present with the discs. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now