Compressing Video files on CD (Too big)

Jota 21:40 29 Aug 03

Thanks to everyone for their helping me in transfering video to CD. The problem is now the files are so large I can only get 2mins on a 700mb disc. I have 25GB of space on my hard disc and can only get 1hr 20mins of video on! Is there anyway to compress them??

GroupFC 22:12 29 Aug 03

I don't know the answer........................
but I am responding to bump it up the list, in the hope that somebody else might see it.

As a general comment I thought that about 17 mins. of avi, is about 4GBs, which it sounds like what you have. So I would have thought that to reduce the file size avi will have to be encoded into a different format. You could try TMPGenc at click here which i have seen suggeted on here for similar problems.

I would add that I am a complete novice in this area, so if I am completely wrong I'm sorry!!

GroupFC 22:25 29 Aug 03

Or you could try click here or another useful site is click here

GroupFC 22:32 29 Aug 03

Sorry, those links are rubbish!! (especially the first one!). Try these click here and click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…