compressing video files

ROBINSON CRUSO 10:03 04 May 07

hi guys

ive got a lot of home movies on my pc but i need to compress them to save space ive done the compressor in properties but is there any software i can use to compress it even more (would putting them in a zip folder help)
many thanks

MAJ 11:35 04 May 07

If you are using Windows XP or Vista, then try Windows Movie Maker to convert them to WMV format, you already have it installed. If the reason you want to compress them is only to save space and you don't fancy changing their file format, then you could either burn them to DVD or store them on an external hard drive (about £50 to £100 nowadays for a good sized one).

ROBINSON CRUSO 12:05 04 May 07

cheers MAJ its just i have a lot of home movies over the years and i save some to an external hard drive but they fill it up quickly so i thought about compressing them, ill give windows movie maker ago as igot xp

many thanks

MAJ 12:13 04 May 07

If you have so many of them that they are filling up your external hard drive, ROBINSON CRUSO, and I suppose you'll be taking a lot more home movies, it certainly would be a good idea to invest in (if you don't already have one) a good DVD rewriter (about £30) and some DVD±R disks (about £20 per 100). That way you could keep your hard drives clear.

anchor 12:14 04 May 07

I would certainly recommend Windows Movie Maker2. After importing a movie, you have the option of editing it before saving to your computer.

Choose best quality for playback on your PC.

If, at a later stage, you wish to burn one to a DVD, I would suggest DVD Flick; it will do the conversion for you, and even burn the DVD.

click here

anchor 12:15 04 May 07

Forgot to add, DVD Flick is free!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…