Compressing files on ME

sam 19:23 03 Jun 03

On my ME `help topics` I am told that if I go to MY COMPUTER and double click on the drive on which I want to compress a file, I should then go to the FILE menu, point to NEW, and then click COMPRESSED FOLDER. Unfortunately there is no such choice avaiable.
Can somebody help please?
Sam

spikeychris 19:41 03 Jun 03

Windows help is a contradiction in terms..

The Compressed Folders feature is not installed by default
click Control Panel

Double-click Add/Remove Programs.

Click the Windows Setup tab.

Double-click System Tools.

Click to select Compressed Folders.

Click OK.

You can then create compressed folder..

Chris

right click inside the folder where you want to create a compressed folder (in a blank space) and move the mouse to "new" on the popup menu another menu should appear on which should be "compressed folder". when you have created and named this folder simply drag the files you want into it.

sam 20:15 03 Jun 03

Thank you for all your help.
Sam

sam 20:17 03 Jun 03

q

Lemur 14:12 06 Oct 03

spikeychris.

I have XP., and have tried to follow your steps for ME but cannot see a "Set up" tab.

Is XP different from ME in this area please?

pj123 14:57 06 Oct 03

To all who want to zip or unzip files and/or folders.

Go to the PCA download page and under Utilities, File Management download PowerDesk 5.0 Free utility much better than Windows Explorer. Will zip and unzip files and folders to wherever you want.

spikeychris 16:18 06 Oct 03

in XP just right click inside the my documents folder...

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…