compressing files

my c drive is 18.6 gb and i have used 11.8gb which leaves me 6.63gb ive only had my com sice sept why have i used so much space and is it safe to compress files and folders i have a lot of football photos on my comp which i dont want to lose will i lose them if i compress my files and folders

spikeychris 10:41 07 Jan 04

You wont loose anything but have you run a disk cleanup and defrag?

i done a disc clean up last night but i did not defrac

spikeychris 10:48 07 Jan 04

Off you go then.

ok thanks

Taff36 10:53 07 Jan 04

A defragment may help but I suspect that the problem is the photographs. Just how much space are they taking up. (If they are all in one folder right click it in Explorer, select properties and then read how much space they are taking. Why not burn them to a CD and free up space that way?

Do you have Winzip installed on your computer? click here You can use this to compress data files but if your photos are already in a .jpg format you won`t gain much at all.

wildrover 10:55 07 Jan 04

You could make space by moving your photos to cd or dvd if you have a writer.

Sheila-214876 10:55 07 Jan 04

A couple of options to think about. You could probably regain a lot of space by transferring your photo's to CD. CD burners are now around £35. Check out your local computer shops or look here click here You could also add another larger hard disk to keep all your files and photo's on.

wildrover 10:56 07 Jan 04

Sorry Taff36. posted at the same time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…