Compressed Files in Diskclean up

RobCharles1981 22:43 14 Dec 06

I'm trying to remove some rather junk files in the Diskcleanup in Windows taking a bit of time is there a quicker way? Using Ccleaner and Regscub.

Thanks

skidzy 22:47 14 Dec 06

Have you deleted some programs Rob..if so yes Ccleaner and Regscrub will do the job.Then reboot and defrag.

User-312386 22:53 14 Dec 06

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. Type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.

3. Locate, and then click the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches

4. On the File menu, click Export, and then click Desktop, type VolumeCaches in the File name box, and then click Save.

Note This step creates a backup of the VolumeCaches registry key. If you experience any problems after you complete the steps that are listed in this procedure, you can use this backup to restore the VolumeCaches key to its original state. To restore the key, double-click the VolumeCaches.reg file on your desktop, and then click Yes.

5. Expand the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches

6. Delete the Compress old files registry key.

7. Quit Registry Editor.

click here

RobCharles1981 22:53 14 Dec 06

No I did a repair XP Install I have done the Defrag as usual and installed any Windows updates nothing still the same

RobCharles1981 22:57 14 Dec 06

Thanks that will do great - thanks for your help!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…