compress old files - Restoration

Switcher 16:45 10 Nov 07

A friend has inadvertantly used the compress old files utility in disk clean up. Can this action be reversed.

GroupFC 20:30 10 Nov 07

Nobody else has responded to this - so I'll have go!

I don't think it makes any difference to the use of the files. I have just checked with some of my old ones (in blue when viewed in windows explorer)and they all open OK. As far as I know, they only become uncompressed when you open them and alter htem in some way (although I may be wrong on that as I have just tried it on a couple of files and thye are still showing up in blue!)

Not sure if that helps but at least it bumps you up the list!

VoG II 20:38 10 Nov 07

click here might help.

Switcher 22:27 10 Nov 07

Thanks for both replies : GroupFC - The files are indeed blue and I know that they uncompress when used however my fiend claims that his PC has slowed down a fair bit since he did this.
VOG Ihad a look at your suggestion but it apears only to be fies that are compressed rather than folders.

Switcher 22:42 10 Nov 07

Thanks Vog:- Solved. If any folder which contains a compressed file is compressed using properties > advanced then uncompressed by removing the check mark. The originally compressed file or files are then uncompressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…