compress music

aceguy 18:19 25 Mar 04

what is the best way to compress my music files then burn them straight to dvd for backup? the files would span over three or four dvd`s.is there a good free program to do this? i use windows xp. some advice would be great - cheers!!

gasman42 18:40 25 Mar 04

If you want to compress ordinary cds to mp3.then i use CDEx,which is free and easy to use.
click here

aceguy 18:46 25 Mar 04

i just want to compress my whole music folder and save to dvd so if my pc buggers up there will be a backup to put back to my hard disk.

Boluwd 19:00 25 Mar 04

Are your music files already in mp3 format?

aceguy 19:13 25 Mar 04

99% of them are mps format.

aceguy 20:08 25 Mar 04

also whats a good free program for changing music into the mp3 format???

Boluwd 21:10 25 Mar 04

To encode music to mp3 I use Exact Audio Copy (EAC) click here and LAME encoder.

It's free and very good.

as for your original question, as your music is already compressed (mp3) I don't think you can further compress the folder with something like WinZip. I'm not really sure about that tho', maybe someone else can advise.

You could always install a second hard drive dedicated to your Music files. This is what I have done with my old computer which is upstairs and acts as a jukebox for the bedroom. It's also networked to the main computer downstairs so all the files appear on both machines and therefore backed up.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:33 25 Mar 04

You can compress them to zip/rar file but depending how big the MP3s are its not likly to shrink much i use db poweramp to do MP3 files you could redo the files makeing them smaller by lowering the sample rate but this may affect the quailty.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…