J_Smith 21:26 02 Feb 03

I plan to make a new pc using the following components:

1 x Gainward Geforce2 MX 64 Tv Jumbo/AGP 64Mb MX200 43116 click here

1 x Dynamode 56k Int Pci - Software (conexant) Modem Uk 37978 click here

1 x 256Mb PC100 SDRAM 16422 click here

1 x ECS K7S5A SKT A (SIS 735) ATX DDR/SDR With Audio
Motherboard 25857 click here

1 x AMD DURON 1.1GHz 29830 click here

1 x Coolermaster DP5-6I11A Socket A Cooler upto 1.4GHz Athlon & XP 1800+ click here

1 x Samsung 16x48 DVD Drive click here

1 x Alps Floppy Disk Drive 1.44MB 3.5 inch internal - OEM click here

1 x Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 8 30Gb UDMA 7200rpm Disk Drive - OEM click here

Will there components be compatable?

Thanks JS

J_Smith 22:52 02 Feb 03

refresh

jediknight007 23:00 02 Feb 03

I assume you are buying from ebuyer. There's no problem with what you have but since you indicated that you are making a new PC from this, have you decided on the monitor, mouse, keyboard and speakers? And I wouldn't recommend buying your memory from ebuyer since I have heard that they aren't functional, no matter how many times you asked for them to be replaced.

Try click here and make sure you get PC133 SDRAM, it's much cheaper or ever still, pay about £8 more for 256MB PC2100 DDR RAM for your motherboard. I have the same motherboard as you and I plan to swap my 384MB PC100 SDRAM for 512MB PC2100 DDR RAM when it drops down in price to around £40.

J_Smith 23:13 02 Feb 03

Already have a monitor ect...

Thanks for the tip about the RAM

Cheers JS

goonerbill 23:35 02 Feb 03

have a look at this site click here they compaire prices from 16 different sites including ebuyer and lists the cheapest. also checkout komplett computers, cheapest mem prices around click here

DieSse 23:46 02 Feb 03

When buying memory, there are at least three grades you can buy

1st grade is manufactured with chips from a recognised manufacturer, put onto JDEC compliant boards, by the manufacturer.

3rd party, is made with 1st grade chips, but put onto boards by a third party. These boards may or may not be JDEC compliant.

OEM is made with "unbranded" chips (they may have a name on them, but it is unlikely it will be a recognised barand name, and possibly not even the manufacturers name), and put onto unknown boards by a third party.

Non- JDEC compliant board may have recommended components (usually smoothing capacitors) missing, may be laid out incorrectly, and may not have the recommended number of layers. Making them inherently "noisier", and so prone to intermittencies.

Best get 1st grade for least problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…