component transfer error

wooster007 14:21 15 Feb 03

hi

can any one please help me ,every time I try to install massis the sims deluxe edition all i get is an error message component transfer error>..

it always pops up on 95% of it being installed.

is there any thing i can download to stop this happening.

I have tried renaming the installshield to installshieldold....

I have tried installing with compatibility wizard.....

I have a amd duron 800mhz,256sdram,10 gig hdd,windows xp pro.

please can any one help.

JoeC 14:43 15 Feb 03

the sites I have visited for this problem go the way of the InstallShield route you mention. One also mentions trying to install in Safe Mode ?

tbh72 14:46 15 Feb 03

What options are given when this error occurs.

Eg, Abort, Retry or Ignore. If you are able to Ignore you may still be able to successfully use this program.

wooster007 14:57 15 Feb 03

the option i am given is just ok.

tran1 15:07 15 Feb 03

Just had a look on EA support Site and found a problem that matches yours:

The Sims Deluxe (PC) ERROR - "Component Transfer Error: Component File Group files"3" File E:\SETUP\SETUP.INX. Error: device attached to this system is not functioning"

Question:
When I attempt to install, I get "Component Transfer Error: Component <disk 1> File Group <disk 1> files"3" File E:\SETUP\SETUP.INX. Error: device attached to this system is not functioning" error message.

Answer:
This is due to the cd-rom speed dipping below acceptable reading levels for the Install Shield software to read accurately.

bremner 15:11 15 Feb 03

In your previuos post on this subject click here I directed you to a possible fix did this not work.

tran1 15:11 15 Feb 03

The solution given on EA support website was too long to post here, so I'll email you the link.

tran1 15:13 15 Feb 03

Sorry, can't email it. The page is in a frameset and so won't have the solution on it. heres the link to the support page: click here

wooster007 16:01 15 Feb 03

sorry bremmer that link did not fix my problem tried them all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…