completely confused about graphics cards

Bad Dad 18:50 12 Aug 06

Decided to bite the bullet and buy a new computer as I need a major upgrade and all the old bits are passed it. I want a good gaming machine and don't know whether to buy one with two Nvidia 7300 GS or GT cards in SLI mode or one with one 7900 (with I suppose the option of SLI in the future when the price is a bit more realistic). Would grately appreciate some views on the matter. Some Nvidia demos need a 7900 card so does that mean one card is better than 2 cheaper ones?

sean-278262 19:03 12 Aug 06

7900 any day. SLI isnt going to every be 2times as fast. It is good but not that good. The 7900 blazes FPS rates everytime. And the option to get another in the future as you say is there with SLI. I think also that the comparison is that the 7900 will not be as good as a pair of 7300s but then it is more of the fact do you really want to struggle selling the old ones on if you want to upgrade in the future as then you will need to get 2 more to upgrade.

click here

Bad Dad 19:25 12 Aug 06

Thanks Creature of the nite

sean-278262 19:27 12 Aug 06

You are more than welcome. Im sure if you wait a few hours more there will be a few other opinions and suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…