Complete Windows crash after installing XP update

fzappa 18:17 13 Nov 04

Hi-my problem is that after installing an XP update my pc has completely crashed. On startup I just get a black screen with the message 'Windows couldn't start because file windows root>\system32\hal.dll is corrupt or missing'
I can't restart in safe mode or use any similar options (also I have no boot disc). Any help would be gratefully received since I have no idea what to do.
Cheers

PSF 19:22 13 Nov 04

click here

I think you have to re-install xp again. If you have the XP cd you could try using the repair option first. XP will boot from the install cd.

If you do not have a copy of XP you could borrow one and use your licence number when you install again. The cd's are the same it is the Licence you have paid for that is important, do not use someone else's number it will not work when you try to activate XP. It is one number per pc only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…