Complete system reset ????

Stressed Mum 23:27 23 Nov 05

Wish to reset my PC to it's original state in order to pass onto someone else. How do I do this? Only 2 years old Windows XP Home Edition. Can anyone help me?

Smegs 23:36 23 Nov 05

click here

Have a look here. Hope it helps.

Smegs 23:40 23 Nov 05

Sorry, do you have the Xp disk?

Stressed Mum 23:43 23 Nov 05

Yes I believe I do - but looking at the info link you just sent - it worries me - I was hoping to find someting a lot less complicated! I shall have to put my study head on!! What a shame system restore doesn't go back to inital installation day!

Skyver 00:01 24 Nov 05

You could follow this guide to start again from scratch, but the machine would need Service Pack 2 (assuming your XP CD is Service Pack 1 edition) and a number of other updates once completed. click here

30+ updates in one go using Autopatcher Lite - click here

Smegs 00:03 24 Nov 05

Just make sure you have ALL your driver CD's, like Sound card, Graphic card, Modem, Motherboard.

Good Luck.

keewaa 09:41 24 Nov 05

For a clean reinstall delete the existing partition, recreate it and format it ... you'll see all this during the install process from the XP disc when it shows you the existing partitions.

Stressed Mum 13:52 24 Nov 05

Thank you all very much for your help - when my new PC arrives I will use the new XP installation disc Service Pack 2 to reset my old computer. I think I'll need to take a couple of days off to do this!! All looks very complicated. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…