complete new bie

brokenfinger 20:49 11 May 06

i have search high and low to get a good computer and as i have a non technology side in my work i have no idea what makes a good computer. i am looking to built a comp which able to :
1. able to load up my HDR35 sony camcoder dv video recordings
2. use the come to burn dvd from the loaded recording
3. use multiple Autocad and Photoshop editings at i sitting ( for my student wife)

i still cant decide which processor, RAM memory,, and how much HDD and which graphics card to use.

Only have £800 budget after slaving so many long hours at night.

please help

Totally-braindead 21:03 11 May 06

You are actually cheaper to buy an entire system that buy the components and build one. The only time building one is cheaper is if you already have a computer and are able to use a lot of the bits.
Have a look here click here systems, barebones or motherboard bundles.

Jak_1 21:11 11 May 06

This place is pretty good too click here

I usually visit their shop personaly as I live in Manchester. It's a bit cash and carry like, you go to the counter, tell them what you want from the catalogue, they check it's in stock, pay for it and collect it at the next counter. They do online orders too though. Knocks spots off a certain high street computer megastore for prices!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…