Complete disaster after several blue screens

SB23 13:59 02 Oct 06

For some reason, unknown to myself, my pc decided to have a catastrophy yesterday.
Blue screens were coming thick and fast, basically saying that the pc was being shut down to prevent damage to the OS.
The thing that I'm annoyed with is that not one of my backups would work, the disc image failed, the reboot floppy failed, all preventative stuff that I had, failed. The message saying to boot into safe mode was there, but the chance to do that wasn't, at all, and nothing I could do would help.

I took 3 attempts to get windows to reinstall, (after more blue screens), and its been a steady uphill jog ever since.

What I would like to know, is, what on earth do you think happened, and why on earth didn't any of my backup solutions work.

No major harm was done, in that all important files were saved to cd-r, but I thought I had it covered, when in reality I may aswell not have bothered.

Any ideas.

Steve

Input Overload 14:36 02 Oct 06

Is your CPU fan ok?

SB23 14:47 02 Oct 06

It all seems ok, I cleaned out the case a few weeks ago with compressed air.

SB23 20:50 07 Oct 06

Well, everything seems ok again, and thanks to a link yesterday I now have Acronis True Image. So whatever the problem was, I have now started working on backups using Acronis, so I should be better prepared, I hope!

Thanks

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now