Complete beginner

kiddgame2000 11:29 16 Jan 06

Can any of you suggest a good book to learn how to make web pages from, i am a complete beginner with no knowledge whatsoever but for some reason i feel the urge to take that step into design.
I want to know everything form basic pages to buying and selling on the web.

Thanks

Forum Editor 11:51 16 Jan 06

and click here

And then click here

The other thing to do is to get some decent web-design software, like NetOjects Fusion or FrontPage 2003 and practice until your fingers are sore. All the tutorials in the world will not give you the feel for design which you get when actually using the software. It's a learning curve, to be sure, and at times it can be frustrating, but when you see your site go live on the internet for the first time you'll be hooked.

yattonharrytoo 17:19 16 Jan 06

Hi there,
If you can't go with the cost of Frontpage - you can download an early one for free here <click here>

If you don't want to go down this road, Elizabeth Castro does a good book, 'Creating a Web page with HTML' a very good book.

Whatever you do, start soon, as you will love it.

yattonharrytoo 17:24 16 Jan 06

Reading back messages I see that someone said that they had a free MS Frontpage when they joined 1&1 - now that is good.

pmorff 01:07 18 Jan 06

There are some good books aimed at beginers and quick starters.
One such publisher is Easysteps. These books give good basic advice about webdesign which can be bought in any good book shop. Not forgetting the for dummies series.

There is also a wealth of information on the internet. If you go to the world wide web school this gives very good advice on code such as HTML and CSS, design accessability and there are some very good short courses that have been designed for you to practice your code at
click here

You can visit web pages that suck. This website looks at bad web design and is very witty. go to click here

There is also the website design guru, Jakob Nielson who is also a member of the World Wide Web consortium. Jakob advises internation companies how to make their websites more accessable via good design. He has his own website giving some good up to date advice on website design. Visit click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…