Competition to win an Epson R300 printer

pj123 19:46 16 Jun 04

Choice Stationery are doing a competition which the first prize is an Epson R300 printer plus a years supply of ink. It says. "Possibly the hardest music quiz in the world"

Out of the 40 questions I think I can only answer 3 with any conviction. But ring them on 0800 093 4244 and get them to send you their "Choice Matters" The news letter and product guide of Choice Stationery Supplies. See if you can do better than me, without cheating. Some of the questions: What was the first ever act on TOTP?

What did Ben E King "Stand by Me" advertise?

Who had a UK hit with it first. Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love?

If you don't win the printer there are 10 runners up prizes of a years supply of ink cartridges.

If you want the full 40 questions email me and I will send them to you.

Dorsai 19:52 16 Jun 04

well.. Tainted love was soft cell...1980somthing, but have never heard manson persons version...perhaps different song, same name?

If you posted all 40 Q's we could all cheat together..Personally I am happy with The printre i have...

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:56 16 Jun 04

Levi jeans although he did not sing it...and if you didn't know those two easy ones....:-((((

G

Eargasm 20:13 16 Jun 04

Gloria Jones had the original hit,tainted love in the mid 1960's years before soft cell

Dorsai 20:26 16 Jun 04

Goria jones...would surf for that but my sound card sorta died weeks ago, did not miss it. a bit Simon and Garfunkle 'The sound of Silence'.....

pj123 20:35 16 Jun 04

Well I have managed to get what I think is 18 out of the 40 by looking on the internet. I have got Softcell down for Tainted Love. But who was the Cockney Rebel who died in the Lockerbie Tragedy?

Who designed the Pink Floyd "Wall" characters?

Dorsai 20:45 16 Jun 04

Dunno that..give us a clue...Or at least a few quesions to try and puzzle out....

Eargasm 20:55 16 Jun 04

Gloria jones (former girlfriend of marc bolan from t.rex)definately had the first hit with tainted love,although not as big a hit as soft cell.

Paul jeffries was a bass player with cockney rebel who died in the lockerbie tradgedy.

Gerald scarfe is your man for pink floyd question.

(just send me years supply of ink) :-))

TommyRed 21:01 16 Jun 04

I also think it was Gloria Jones, it was a big Northern Soul record though I can't remember how big a hit it was. I heard that it was Gloria Jones who was driving when Marc Bolan was killed, don't know how true that was. TR

Eargasm 21:03 16 Jun 04

Ok i have to admit,gloria jones original version diden't make the uk charts,but it was still a far better version than soft cell's

pj123 21:03 16 Jun 04

Eargasm, No you gotta answer the other 37 questions and send them back to Choice Stationery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…