compatidilty

sadie 2 11:21 09 May 05

can soom one help i go in to program compatibilty but kep on getting mesage can not disply page.

pauldonovan 12:32 09 May 05

..but I can hardly understand your post, did you type it on a mobile phone?!

I assume you mean the program compatibility in windows xp? Which program are you trying to set compatibility for ?

sadie 2 13:50 09 May 05

sorry about the first message if i right click on a game and go in to properties then compatibility the down the bottom it says learn more about program compatibility when i click on it the page says can not display the page ps i have got xp.

pauldonovan 14:47 09 May 05

..sounds like there's a problem with your Windows XP Help and Support Center. If you go to the start menu, do you see a "Help and Support" option there? What happens if you click on that?

sadie 2 20:27 09 May 05

when i go to help and support the window coms up ok

Buchan 35 21:40 09 May 05

Try going online first

Buchan 35 21:41 09 May 05

sorry, I should have added " if you`re not there already"

Buchan 35 21:41 09 May 05

sorry, I should have added " if you`re not there already"

pauldonovan 09:29 10 May 05

This seems to suggest how you do it:

(taken from: click here)

Go to Start >> Run and type in: helpctr -regserver

To reinstall Help and Support:

Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right-click and choose install. Have your XP CD available.

Note: The folder is hidden by default. Go to Start >> Run and type in: control folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

Did this solve your problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…