Compatible V original Canon cartridges

Bramblerose 23:52 22 Jun 03

I wonder if anyone could help me - recently purchased and i850 Canon printer which I am extremely pleased with.

Due to the volume of work I am printing at the moment, I am using a lot of black ink and was just wondering if anyone uses compatible cartridges and what the print quality is like if they do - I need good quality print and am happy to pay £7.99 for the cartridges but am just curious to know if any make of compatibles are as good or if I should stick to originals.

Thanks as always

The Spires 07:35 23 Jun 03

There is a thread click here Some do & some don't.

-pops- 07:40 23 Jun 03

If you are doing a lot of black printing, it may be worth your while getting a low cost laser printer (Samsung ML1210 less then £100, another model even cheaper). Running costs of these is extremely low. Even at full toner cost you can get about 4,000 pages for one £40 toner cartridge. If you refill you can easily get 30,000 pages for £60 or so.

Save you colour printer for the things it is best at - printing in colour;-))

Brian

Bramblerose 08:00 23 Jun 03

I do have an old laser printer which I use if I do just plain black and white... Unfortunately, the stuff I am doing at the moment is a mix of a bit of colour (a company logo) and a lot of black text.

Stuartli 08:23 23 Jun 03

I've a seven-year-old Canon BJC600e printer which uses four cartridges (black, cyan, magenta and yellow).

Apart from the original cartridges supplied with the printer, which is used extensively, I have either refilled the cartridges with JR refills or bought compatible JR or Jet Tech cartridges from The Cartridge Club or CPC in Preston.

Currently CPC sells the cartridges at £1.85 each plus VAT with double capacity black also on offer at an astonishing £2 plus VAT.

I use these because they are so cost effective and it saves all that messy refilling.

The 600e has never given a moment's problems, is still on its original print head and is as effective, quiet and reliable as on the day I bought it from Makro at £364 plus VAT.

Today a similar Canon printer is around a quarter of the price....:-(

-pops- 09:04 23 Jun 03

My letterheads with logo (small consultancy) are green coloured. I print these on an Epson or Xerox inkjet and then print text on my ML1210 laser. I print headings on a box (500 sheets) of Conquerer paper at one run and keep those for laser printing later.

Brian

Bramblerose 09:25 23 Jun 03

Hear where you are coming from and for my own company I do do this, however, I am currently printing policy and procedure manuals for a client - the colour cartridges are fine, its just the amount of black I am using - I think I may just try one compatible and see what its like, then take it from there.

Thanks as always for all your comments

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…