Compatible ink for epson stylus color 880

Ohnjay 11:53 27 Jun 04

I currently have an Epson Stylus Color 880 printer and have always used the Epson inks. I'm thinking about changing to compatible inks. The pluses are the obvious cost savings. But what are the minuses? Are the inks cheaper because the quality is poorer and/or the volume is a lot lower? Also do they damage the printer so that it needs to be replaced sooner. Comments and suggested supliers would be helpful

Totally-braindead 12:03 27 Jun 04
  Totally-braindead 12:11 27 Jun 04

Regarding your questions I've used compatibles for about 5 or six years now and my Epson 680 has never had a problem, I buy from the website I listed above. Now I'm not a camera whiz or anything but I honestly can't say that the Epson originals are any better than Choices compatibles. When I first got the printer I printed out a few photos using the Epson originals then when I changed cartridges I printed out the same pics using the compatibles. There was a difference but which was better? To be honest I couldn't decide, so I always use compatibles. Choice are quick with good prices and the price you see is the price you pay, it includes Vat and postage. Their papers good too.

pj123 13:06 27 Jun 04

I'll vouch for Totally-braindead as well. I also use Choice for all my ink and special papers as well. Never had a problem and just as good as original cartridges. I have 4 Epson printers, one of which is an 880. Choice also give a good guarantee, but have never had recourse to use it.

Order always arrive within 3 days, excep over weekends and bank holiday's of course.

Totally-braindead 13:11 27 Jun 04

I did have a problem with a Choice cartridge about a year and a half ago, changed the colour cart but one of the colours wasn't printing, cleaned it to death but no go and of course emptied the black as well doing this. Phoned Choice, 3 days later new black new colour at no charge, now that is service.

SANTOS7 13:16 27 Jun 04

click here i have used compats for my Epson 680 form here for a few years now, never had a problem,

roy 13:57 27 Jun 04

I can only echo what others above have said.
I have an Epson Stylus Photo 700 and was very suspicious of using anything other than Epsons own inks. I am now using Choice compatibles and can only say the colours are remarkable including flesh tones and at a fraction of the cost.

I had a moment of doubt at first when I had difficulty inserting the cartridge into the printer but after carefully investigating I realised that film across the colour outlets on the cartridge were not being pierced as easily as the originals were. A little bit of help with a biro or something similar soon cured that and then the cartridge dropped into place.

fsbb 19:31 27 Jun 04

Choice - great. My last order was complete set, eg. 1 black & 3 colour. 4 black arrived. Contacted Choice and within 2 days received my order and also was told to keep the 4 black with compliments no charge. Great service.

Danoh 00:15 28 Jun 04

Epson 950 ~ ordered a complete set from Choice and am having problems click here

But agree about the excellent service, which I hope will see me right very soon!

Colours are not as good as the originals but I might just be fussy ~ depends how critical you are I guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…