Compatible ink cart's

mikeyb59 16:38 10 Apr 03

I am experimenting with different compatibles for my Epson C60 printer.

I have tried cart's from 7dayshop & choice stationary with mixed results.

While I understand that you get what you pay for I have found that none of the compatibles get close to the quality of print given by genuine Epson supplies.

I have a reference print using genuine items that beats hands down all the alternatives.

Perhaps its my printer settings but maybe someone else knows better?

mikeyb59 17:29 10 Apr 03

Diemmess 18:13 10 Apr 03

Can only agree - if you want the best.........
Ordinary office type graphics are not so pikky, though I can sometimes find look-alikes have a slight colour bias.

For me the best photos when they really matter, mean not only the "proper ink" but Epson photo paper. No compromise, though the cost is something else!

mikeyb59 18:36 10 Apr 03

Glad I am not the only one, though must admit I use other suppliers photo paper with no (apparent) problems.

Think I will go back to previous set-up - compatible black & genuine colour.

Pesala 18:45 10 Apr 03

These compatible cartridges seem excellent to me, and I couldn't detect any difference to originals, except for the price, but then I am colour-blind.

Even with originals the colour can be way off if the Printer Driver settings are wrong, or the wrong kind of paper is used. I printed out the Windows ME Shed in a Field scene to test the printer when it was brand new, and it looked great - just like on the screen. I then printed a picture of Buddhist monks in their orange robes with exactly the same settings (and original cartridges) on the same Epson glossy photo paper, and the colour looked way off.

If you are sensitive to slight colour variations, you will be able to make fine adjustments in the printer driver to get the results that you want.

ShorN 19:39 10 Apr 03

my prob seems to be with my black!!, my colours are fine but my black is 'not black enough' it seems to have a slight dullness to it .

these are compatibles from choice

Sapins 09:01 11 Apr 03

Would you explain how you make adjustments with the printer driver please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…