compatible components for motherboard?

Barnacarry 06:54 23 Oct 06

On the spur of the moment I purchased a barebones bundle on the basis that I know very little of what goes on inside these computers and I needed a project. The bundle consists of a Case, Athlon 64 3800, Heatsink and fan, 512MB 400DDR Ram and 939 soc motherboard I also purchased an NVIDIA graphics card but this was too large to fit and had to be sent back. Is there a way of checking compatibility for sound card, graphics card and other hardware before purchase?

ed-0 18:26 23 Oct 06

" I also purchased an NVIDIA graphics card but this was too large to fit and had to be sent " " Is there a way of checking compatibility for sound card, graphics card and other hardware before purchase "

The best way and the way most of us check, is to download the manual. You don't have to go through it with a fine tooth comb, but most of the essential information is on the first few pages.

As to the graphics card. Unless you bought the wrong type of graphics card ( pci > agp > pci-e ), then it would be the case that would determine what size of card you can use.

Barnacarry 09:16 29 Oct 06

Thanks, ed-0, I have only just got back from a long trip but I will endeavour to find the manual and check it out. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…