Compatible cartridges

Southernboy 13:45 22 Sep 03

Epson C44UX

Can anyone recommended cartridges that do not risk clogging up, or otherwise damaging, this printer.

I have had this for less than two weeks and, already, the black cartridge is nearly empty, according to the monitor. However, printing today, there was a message that I had enough black ink for about 74 pages. Those two messages do not reconcile.

Further, doing a Nozzle check, the red cartrdige was shown with white lines through, meaning it needed cleaning. However, when I tried to do so, it refused, telling me it could not clean the nozzle as the black cartridge was low.

Am I alone in being confused by all this?

vienna1981 14:01 22 Sep 03

the first cratridge you use in your printer will run low faster than any subsequent cartridges. I usually use Choice Stationary for compatibles click here but when i've been printing recently with my Epson C42ux there are black streaks at the side of the pages, you'll also find that you have to clean compatibles more than originals. But then again we all can't afford the ridiculous price of originals. Although I've had problems with epson compatibles in the past, these have been few and mostly there have been no major problems.

Djohn 14:52 22 Sep 03

Agree with vienna1981, included cartridges are probably "Starters" Half full. Choice is good for compatible ink also click here aktivedirect is an excellent company to deal with. very good prices on Epson compatibles and a written warranty to replace printer if their ink causes a problem.

I used them for two years when I had an Epson 600, no problems at all. j.

pj123 15:33 22 Sep 03

Like I have said before I have 8 computers (I teach IT) and four printers shared 2 to 1. One of my printers is an Epson C44UX. Because they are all used daily I have never had to run a Head Clean, but I do have a Word Doc specially made up as a printer test. It contains black text, setup as plain, bold, underlined, and italic plus 6 squares coloured red, blue, green, pink, brown and orange which are run through every printer once a week. All my ink cartridges are sourced from Choice Stationery at click here and I have never had any problems whatsoever with them. The message you got about "enough black ink for 74 pages" also said something like "the same as the last one you printed" if the last one you printed only had a few lines on it that is about right. The ink cartridges that came with the printer (as Djohn says) are probably only half full.

pj123 15:35 22 Sep 03

Just as an add on Choice Stationery have a guarantee that if any of their ink cartridges damage your printer they will replace the printer free of charge.

The Sack 16:01 22 Sep 03

I have used Choice for 3 years, excellent company with brill customer support and products.

vienna1981 16:27 22 Sep 03

I did not know that choice replaced your printer if their ink damaged it, I had to buy a new printer because the ink waste tank had overflown due to having to clean the heads more with compatibles, would this have counted as their cartridges damaging my printer? (just in case it happens again?)

LAP 19:50 22 Sep 03

Run 2 Epson C62's on Choice Compatibles. No problem.

pj123 10:13 23 Sep 03

vienna1981, I have been using comptibile cartridges from choice for a about 3 years now and have not had recourse to test their guarantee. Seems to me like you may have a case, why not give them a ring and explain what happened, see what they say. PS. Don't use "Bull in a China Shop" tactics though, won't get you anywhere.

hugh-265156 10:34 23 Sep 03

i just got myself some compatible ink for my c42+ from choice last bk one colour chipped carts and change out of a tenner.

the quality to my eyes anyway,is every bit as good as the originals which would have cost me closer to forty pounds.speedy service too.i will be using choice from now on i think.:-)

pj123 11:03 24 Sep 03

For information. This is the guarantee given by Choice Stationery. "Also we are so confident on the quality of our cartridges, not only do we offer a full money back guarantee, but in the unlikely event that your printer is damaged by one of our cartridges, we will collect, repair or replace your printer free of charge. We also have a dedicated customer support line (0845 456 2345), so we are only a phone call away offering free support on all our products should you need it - ask for further details"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…