Compatibility Help!

Genius1 17:33 03 Jun 06

Have just done a clean install and have installed and run all of my programs successfully except Flight Sim 2004. It installed fine, the update installed fine and my expansion pack (Traffic 2005) also installed fine.

However, when trying to run Flight Sim the splash screen appears and then the screen goes black as if it's going to launch the main Flight Sim menu, but the system just reverts back to the desktop.

Could this be caused by having IE7 Beta2 installed? I also have WMP 11 Beta and Office 2007 Beta2 installed. No other browsers installed. IE7 is the default browser. Problem occured before installing FS Update and expansion pack installation, so it's not caused by either of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Genius1 17:35 03 Jun 06

To add, this problem did not occur before re-install. IE7 Beta 2 was installed then, but WMP11 and Office 2007 weren't.

DieSse 17:46 03 Jun 06

Have you also re-installed all the motherboard and graphics and sound drivers?

Genius1 17:51 03 Jun 06

Thanks for the quick response. It was not a 'proper' re-install, I just used the supplied 'Philips Recovery Console' to format the user partition so all drivers etc. were installed at the time (copied from the system recovery parition). The PC was just restored to factory settings.

However, I may not have updated all the drivers so I will try this and let you know what happens. Thanks again.

Genius1 18:57 03 Jun 06

All drivers were up to date.

However, I did a Google search for the problem and on one of's forums someone had posted exactly the same problem to mine.

The solution it appears is to delete the file 'oleacc.dll' from the main FS9 directory. It was a problem caused by having IE7 installed as FS uses HTML in the opening menus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…