Compatable and remanufactured Epson Ink Cartridges

Glen 16:54 PM 26 Jun 12

I have an Epson Stylus SXC400 M.F.D. and have used alternative inks. Recently I wished to replace the yellow, but eventually was forded to replace all cartridges before the printer would accept them. I think a lot of my (cheap) ink was wasted. My question - is there a difference between re manufactured and compatable cartridges. Will my printer more readily accept the re-manufactured ones, as the printer might "recognise them. Glen

wiz-king 16:57 PM 26 Jun 12

Compatible = new but not made by the printer manufacturer Re-manufactured = old cartridges re-filled with ink and chips reset if needed

johndrew 10:26 AM 27 Jun 12

Many printers appear to insist on a complete set of cartridges when only one is exhausted, but I believe you should be able to replace only one. Have a look at the SSC Service Utility it may well help you.

proudfoot 12:34 PM 27 Jun 12

I had similar problems with my previous Epson printer I now have a Brother printer. I found SSC Service Utility useful, it is worth a try.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites