Compatable and remanufactured Epson Ink Cartridges

Glen 16:54 26 Jun 12

I have an Epson Stylus SXC400 M.F.D. and have used alternative inks. Recently I wished to replace the yellow, but eventually was forded to replace all cartridges before the printer would accept them. I think a lot of my (cheap) ink was wasted. My question - is there a difference between re manufactured and compatable cartridges. Will my printer more readily accept the re-manufactured ones, as the printer might "recognise them. Glen

wiz-king 16:57 26 Jun 12

Compatible = new but not made by the printer manufacturer Re-manufactured = old cartridges re-filled with ink and chips reset if needed

johndrew 10:26 27 Jun 12

Many printers appear to insist on a complete set of cartridges when only one is exhausted, but I believe you should be able to replace only one. Have a look at the SSC Service Utility it may well help you.

proudfoot 12:34 27 Jun 12

I had similar problems with my previous Epson printer I now have a Brother printer. I found SSC Service Utility useful, it is worth a try.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Honor 5X review: Hands-on with the new budget phone from Hauwei's young brand

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…