Compatable and remanufactured Epson Ink Cartridges

Glen 26 Jun 12

I have an Epson Stylus SXC400 M.F.D. and have used alternative inks. Recently I wished to replace the yellow, but eventually was forded to replace all cartridges before the printer would accept them. I think a lot of my (cheap) ink was wasted. My question - is there a difference between re manufactured and compatable cartridges. Will my printer more readily accept the re-manufactured ones, as the printer might "recognise them. Glen

wiz-king 26 Jun 12

Compatible = new but not made by the printer manufacturer Re-manufactured = old cartridges re-filled with ink and chips reset if needed

johndrew 27 Jun 12

Many printers appear to insist on a complete set of cartridges when only one is exhausted, but I believe you should be able to replace only one. Have a look at the SSC Service Utility it may well help you.

proudfoot 27 Jun 12

I had similar problems with my previous Epson printer I now have a Brother printer. I found SSC Service Utility useful, it is worth a try.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message