Compatable to DVD writers

Boom974 15:08 27 Jul 03

I want to buy PCA best buy DVD writer, the Sony DRU-500A. System requirements say a minimum of P3 400mhz cpu OR EQUIVALENT. I have an AMD k6 500mhz cpu in my computer which was bought in Sept. 200. Is this compatible or should I look for another writer? If so any recommendations?

crx1600 15:17 27 Jul 03

i believe the minimum requirements are near enough the same for all DVD writers.

while that is the min spec of the drive, you should also consider the min spec of software required to make use of the writer.

nero;

300 MHz (minimum), 500 MHz for DVD playback, 800 MHz (for capturing to hard disc), 1.6 GHz (for capturing to DVD video )

rickf 15:20 27 Jul 03

Others will contribute. I suspect you will be sailing very close to the edge. Perhaps best to think about upgrading your computer frist as dvd writing and video editing takes a lot of power.Also it will be very slow with the amd 500.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…