Compatability - Norton Antivirus and ZoneAlarm

Nagz 17:08 03 May 04

I bought a new pc back in Feb and installed Norton Antivirus and ZoneAlarm personal firewall. We had a number of problems with the pc (spontaneous resetting etc)which turned out to be a corrupt OS. Also Norton wouldn't work properly - the automatic updates was always off. I was then told that Norton AV and Zonealarm are incompatible together. I am currently running just XP firewall with Norton AV (which runs fine now)but would be keen for more protection. Does anyone have any advice or know anything of this incompatability issue?

spuds 17:30 03 May 04

If you are looking for more or alternative protection and security, have a browse here, especially on firewalls and antivirus.click here

It is strange with the compatability of Norton and ZA, others have reported problems using this combination, whilst others have had no problems at all.Whatever you do, do not run ZA with the XP firewall,sure to have problems with that combination especially if you are using BB.

Nagz 17:58 03 May 04

Thanks for the response - how good do you consider XP's firewall?

citadel 18:14 03 May 04

norton firewall works well with norton av, the menus integrate and you can switch easily between them. The firewall 2004 also has a pop up and pop under stopper and the option to block ads.

spuds 18:38 03 May 04

XP is 'Inbound' only,and ZA is both inbound and outbound, so in my ratings ZA gets the most stars.Further firewall info click here click here

Dan the Confused 19:39 03 May 04

I've used Norton AV and ZA for ages with no problem (even when I upgraded to ZA Pro).

I did try Sygate for a while though which worked fine and was compatable with Norton AV. And like ZA is free.

Sygate Personal Firewall can be found at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…