Compatability issues with my printer and Vista

bear73 12:30 22 Aug 09

Hi

Our pc upstairs recently bit the dust and today I moved the printer to our newer downstairs pc but have been unable to add it successfully.

Its an Epson Stylus Photo RX420 and when inserting the set up CD it starts and then says there are known compatability issues with Vista. It directs me to the Epson site where there are some downloads which I downloaded but hasn't made any difference. Ther Epson CD did load and when restarting windows loaded the drivers for the printer and said drivers loaded successfully. When I go into the printers folder it isn't there and when I click add printer it searches but finds nothing.

What are my options, I really want it connected to the downstairs pc but so far the pc just isn't finding it.

Thanks
bear

oldbeefer2 13:38 22 Aug 09

From another forum "Many Thanks for your assistance. The scanner element was as you say downloadable from Epson, but they do not have a driver for the printer itself. I was eventually able to access an auto-update for the printer via the Vista On-line driver search."

bear73 15:56 22 Aug 09

Brilliant ty. It has indeed worked by using Windows update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…