comparing laptops

stumpyman 12:39 24 Apr 05

Most of the reviews I have seen are very limited up to maybe 10 machines and when there are so many to chose from. when they review new machines each month would it not be possible to relate back to previous reviews placing them in some rating system; baring in mind fluctuations in pricing which might effect the 'value for money' of any previous rating. Each of the magezines tests a different set of laptops which are difficult to cross reference in terms or their ratings. I have just seen aN ACER 8104WLMi for £1399 which looks equally as good as the Dell 920 reviewed by PCADVISOR can anyone offer any useful advice comparing these two machines.

stalion 14:16 24 Apr 05
  TomJerry 14:35 24 Apr 05

Mags can only review stuff they have been submitted by manufacturers.

Mags do not have money to buy stuff to review.

Basically, you can never get comprehensive and independent review.

fitcher 18:28 24 Apr 05

I keep an eye on laptop prices and specifications .I bought a dell with graphics 128mb ATI mradeon 9700 in december last year for just over £1000 .with a P 4 proccessor ,and I am well pleased (so far touch wood ) ..yet prices have not dropped ,but seem to have risen for the same specs .yes I know all proccessors have moved over to the mobile ones .(but not allways better )to me the reason is high , demand,people are moving over to laptops .the only drawback with mine is weight ,,but then again it was a desk top replacment ,games are no problem ,sales of 2.5 hd have risen also,, (easy replacement )cheers alan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…