Comparing Intel with AMD

Peter Lanky 19:53 14 Dec 09

Has anyone found anything published on t'internet which compares each Intel processor with it's equivalent AMD so far as performance goes, and vice versa. There are far too many of each on the market for the casual PC buyer to cope with.

GaT7 19:57 14 Dec 09

Yes, Tomshardware's CPU section click here for a start.

And their benchmark charts click here.

There's not much difference between the two, with Intel (especially the Core i7s) having the upperhand atm. G

Input Overload 21:53 14 Dec 09

In my opinion there are other things that make a far greater difference than AMD - Intel. Such as your mainboard, RAM speed, Hard Drive speed, PSU, Graphics card. The old contest between AMD & Intel in my opinion has faded away.

Get a balanced system & get the best you can afford, & I used to make all mine & others PC's but now you can't get the bits as cheap as a finished PC with a warranty now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…