Compaq TFT500 Monitor Blank Screen / Sleep

CLONNEN 09:23 18 Jul 04

My sister bought a secondhand Compaq TFT500 monitor.

After 10 days of use the screen went black in the middle of the something. We have been unable to resurrect the proper screen ever since. The Power light is a sort of amber / orange / yellow colour.

When it had been working correctly the Power light was green. We have tried switching it off and on, different monitor power cables, disconnecting it from the computer, shaking it in rage and asking the previous owner for help.

He said it was probably a loose connection somewhere inside the monitor. Unfortunately we have been unable to figure out HOW to open up the monitor. The screws come out but nothing seems to come apart when we pull at it.

Does anyone know how to bring the monitor out of hibernation or sleep or whatever the hell it is doing?

My sister is currently using an old CRT monitor and that works okay. As far as I know the Power Options on her computer aren't active so I don't know why it should have gone into sleep mode in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…