Compaq SC-148

Irfman 16:24 31 Jul 04

Does anybody know where i can find a driver installation for my CD drive... its Compaq SC-148.

Thanks

SANTOS7 16:27 31 Jul 04

optical drives when installed only need the generic drivers from the O/S you are useing use the add new hardware wizard and follow the instructions

Irfman 16:31 31 Jul 04

I done that but nothing appears... the CD drive is connected properly... if I done the Add new hardware and i had the installation for the CD drive then i can install it.

woodchip 16:37 31 Jul 04

If it's only a CD drive, and it's not working MSCDEX is the windows driver for a CD reader. you can remove the CD drive from device manager and restart computer and Windows will reconfigure the drive, if it's a DVDrw or CDrw you need software with the drivers as in NERO burning rom

Irfman 16:41 31 Jul 04

Thats the thing its not on the device manager... Its no where to be found...

woodchip 18:12 31 Jul 04

Then ether the ribbon cable or drive is faulty. Have you gone into BIOS and done a AUTO DETECT DRIVES

Irfman 19:25 31 Jul 04

Yeah ive done... but still nothing... ive bought the CD drive and Ribbon cable new... and the CD drive is Called Samsung. soz.

Irfman 19:25 31 Jul 04

Yeah ive done... but still nothing... ive bought the CD drive and Ribbon cable new... and the CD drive is Called Samsung. soz.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…