Compaq s5100uk what memory does it take anyone?

homer 11:03 16 Jul 04

Hi. I want to upgrade my memory all I know is that I have 2 dimm sockets. I currently have only 256mb I have looked on the net and at crucial and cannot find my system's memory supported. What would be a safe alternative I think it take pc2700 ddr ram though I am not sure the fsb is 266mhz. If anyone can help I would be grateful thanks.

hillybilly 11:05 16 Jul 04

Have a look here click here

homer 11:12 16 Jul 04

Thanks but I have looked here and cannot find my exact model : presario s5100uk supported. I guess I will just try and some generic memory from them and see what the result is!.

hillybilly 11:16 16 Jul 04

If crucial offer you memory for your pc regardless of what make the memory is, you can be very confident it will work fine. I've had mem from them on a number of occaisions and never had a problem!

terryr48 11:23 16 Jul 04

Just e-mail crucial with details of your comp-they will almost certainly advise what you need part no etc-they did for me. it works fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…