Compaq Presario laptop problems

nickhick 17:57 12 Aug 05

Last weekend my 2 year old laptop suddenly produced both hibernation and start up problems.

It was very reluctant to emerge from hibernation and then, if required, to restart without much key pressing etc.
My local computer repairers said that it was a corrupt hibernation file problem and that they would have to format my hard disc and reinstall the OS.
However, four days later I asked if it was ready whereupon I was told that there was nothing they could do as it was, in fact, a system board/keyboard problem and should therefore be sent back to HP/Compaq for repair.

Try as I might the only way I could find out about such a service was via their website click here, where a request for repairs can be initiated but is a bit of a chore and I don't know what is involved other than the laptop is picked up and returned in 5 to 7 days but where it it taken to and what packing is required is all left in the air. The cost is reasonable however at £198 inc VAT etc no matter what is required, but I would have liked to discuss this with someone at HP or Compaq but all I got, is being transferred around the country and end up with recorded instruction which eventually lead back to their website again.

Has anyone availed themselves of this service or know of anyone I can contact at this large corporate conglomerate?

madPentium 22:08 12 Aug 05

click here

tried these?

if so, just run google, click the UK option and type in something like 'compaq repairs'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…