Compaq Presario 900 - Can't boot from CD

Pillo 12:57 14 Aug 05

I am trying to rebuild Windows XP but when I try to boot from the installation disk the Laptop ignores the instruction and tries to boot from the HDD. The Bios is set to boot from the CD and the disk is bootable as I've used it many times before. Anyone got any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 13:36 14 Aug 05

Some laptops require that a key is pressed to ensure that it will boot from CD - eg the C key.

Check documentation...

Totally-braindead 13:37 14 Aug 05

I know this is no help to you but I had the same thing on a friends laptop, its a Toshiba one and no matter what I tried I just couldn't get it to boot from the CD even though I set it to do that from the BIOS. I'll be very interested if anyone has a solution for this as after a couple of days trying I just gave up.

Technotiger 13:57 14 Aug 05

Hi, I am not sure about laptops, but I recently did a repair job on a friends desktop which involved booting from XP cd. When booting from cd one is given about *one second* to Press any Key to boot from cd!! Maybe the same on laptop - if so be prepared to Press Any Key within a split-second :-))

Don't know is this will help, but Good Luck anyway.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…