//some 3rd party need geo

Compaq Presario 4220

rioboy 12:51 12 Feb 03

Have just finished talking to Compaq/HP helpdesk (and they were very courteous). I still have an old Presario 4220 desktop running 95. I keep it as a spare and for posterity!! I have lost/mislaid the quick restore disk that had the OS and drivers on. Compaq have none left and because Microsoft don't support 95 anymore they can't get any more. Bit of a long shot but does anyone know where I might be able to pick one of these Quick Restore disks up from?

TBH1 13:09 12 Feb 03

your luck may be in here - - -I have an old system, a 4122 I think, can't be too different to your old one. This was originally a p150, 16mb RAM, 2.5 Gig HD partitioned, had w95 with one of those phone answer machine thingies. Have upgraded this far beyonf the usefullness of this restore disc, yours for the askin if its any use

rioboy 13:25 12 Feb 03

That's fantastic TBH1. The 4220 I have is a 166 processer,16 meg of RAM and a 2.1 gig hard drive. (cost £1100 back in '97!!!). I'd be willing to try your disk if it's OK with you. E-mail me on my username and we'll sort out the necessary's.

TBH1 14:42 12 Feb 03

Before I build your hopes up too much I will have a look for it tonight when I get home

rioboy 15:51 12 Feb 03

OK, no problem,. I'm on night shift tonight so shall check your response in the morning.

TBH1 10:46 13 Feb 03

ain't forgot you mate - - - still looking for it, have it somewhere I know. I have found the little book thingy though, this mentions the systems it is relevent to and yours ain't on it - 3000 ( I think, 4100,4400 and loads more but not 4200 . Still maybe better than nothing and will endevour to sort out for you. Have also found a floppy with a 'BIOS update' thing on it - - will send that too.

rioboy 12:33 13 Feb 03

Cheers TBH1 will keep checking the forum (as I do anyway).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…