compaq presario 2200 sound problems

HateGrowth 15:57 15 Nov 06

i have downloaded the sound drivers from the compaq site and installed after a windows reinstallation but when i play audio files it shows htat it is playing but there is no sound uotput this is bugging me as it was working fine with the same driver before i reinstalled

im using windows xp

HateGrowth 12:11 16 Nov 06

can anyone help me this is really important

sil_ver 12:20 16 Nov 06

If you've checked that the none of the options are muted in the sound control panel. Then I'd suggest you reinstall the driver from your restore disk if you have one. You might get the option to 'Roll back' driver in 'Device Manager'

HateGrowth 11:05 17 Nov 06

i dont have a restore disc and i have already fully uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers also nothing is muted i have checked that first

sil_ver 15:02 17 Nov 06

Did you not get a set of CDs with the machine to restore to factory condition? I would have thought the chipset drivers would have been included. An install of Windows will not replace them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…