Compaq onboard sound drivers

Lord Justice 20:01 20 Sep 07

Hi all,

This should really be a quick one i just cant remember how to do it.

Anyway I have a Compaq desktop pc runnig win xp

Compaq Presario 061 RF786AA-ABU SR2019UK GB680 0nx0411RE101NODUM00

Enclosure Type: Desktop

Anyway I have the sound drivers (onboard) downloaded and extracted. When I navigate to the US folder and start the installer it installs then the bubble comes up on the task bar (by the clock) and says found new audio device.

Then the add new hardware wizard pops up, when I cancel this the bubble says a problem occured with installing your new hardware etc etc

Ok so i go into system and device manager, I see the the audio listing with a yellow question mark over. Go to update driver, automatic wont work, so I manually choose the driver to install, navigate to the US folder but I cannot click on Ok, it just wont let me.

I cant remember how i did this before, can someone please help as there is a show i wnat to watch on channel 4 online at 10pm tonight.

Hope you can

ta

Lord Justice 20:11 20 Sep 07

just a thought, I seem to just have the update downloaded and not the actual driver i think but not to sure.

if so where can i find onboard sound card drivers for the following computer

System Model
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Compaq Presario 061 RF786AA-ABU SR2019UK GB680 0nx0411RE101NODUM00
System Serial Number: CZX645G14C
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Board: ASUSTek Computer INC. NODUSM 1.03
Serial Number: MS1C69S00701341
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.07 08/02/2006

Lord Justice 20:16 20 Sep 07

sorry to post again but I dont think it is an update as the file name is

motherboard_driver_audio_microsoft_bus(2)

then i extract it and get a folder, I navigate to the US (english) folder then run the installer and it seems to work but as soon as i click finish i get the messege your new hardware might not work properly etc

brundle 20:23 20 Sep 07

IF OK is greyed out when you try a manual install, Windows is not seeing the right .inf file inside the folder ergo wrong driver (or wrong folder).
Even with the info you've provided, I can't find that model on the relevant site. Maybe Everest will provide you with a link; click here

Lord Justice 20:37 20 Sep 07

i remember installing it before though from the downloaded folder and it has no .inf file inside it.

Anyone? Sorry to pester but I would love it done by 10pm so I can watch my film

cheers

skidzy 22:21 20 Sep 07

LJ

Please download and run PC Wizard click here

Save to your desktop and open
Click the first icon (system summary)

Post back the mainboard and Chipset details.

Then click Multimedia (speaker icon) and again post the details under Device Audio.

This should give us enough details to work with.

Though im not positive,this maybe your driver
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…