compaq notebook 1925 screen

GOBEEN 01:33 16 Jan 08

Hi ppl,I have an old presario1925 which I thought had broken down,didn't show any power lights and battery charge,anyhow I stripped it down,took out the coin battery,crossed the two f37s.supposed to clear the password,put it all back again,ZILCH.so I stripped the power conecter input jack,Bingo, a very fine wire was busted,sorted it,fired up,no image on screen,although a much brighter screen now,tried a boot disk no deal,I'm sure I think it is running cause when I press enter for a wee time I get the dingalings,any ideas anyone,thanks for looking,GOB.

ambra4 02:22 16 Jan 08

Check the connection to the screen is push right in

Connect a external screen and see if it works

GOBEEN 02:35 16 Jan 08

THANKS ambra4,this is a laptop,I think I did that but
I will take the k/brd. of again and check,it's a very fiddly thing to do,will let you know how things go,GOB.

GOBEEN 22:07 16 Jan 08

no luck yet,anybody else with any ideas,Iwill try most anything,I cleared the boot password would that stop any image attall,would a boot disk or recovery disk start it showing again,,thanks for looking,GOB

GOBEEN 22:15 16 Jan 08

COME on chaps help me out here,I'm going bald,GOB

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:21 16 Jan 08

Plug in an external monitor
you may need a key combination to activate it (Fn+F5)
if external moitor works thaen you have a screen problem.

Check "lid closed switch" is not stuck as this would also disable the screen.

GOBEEN 22:53 16 Jan 08

Hi fruit bat,that worked, so now what should Ido,take the screen to bits or any other sugestions,Ill have a go at anything, GOB.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 17 Jan 08

Suspect you have an invertor or backlight failure

click here

GOBEEN 21:27 17 Jan 08

Hi Fruit Bat,thanks that site is awesome Iv'e saved it for future reference,I have plenty of back-light I just can't get any images even the Compaq logo on boot up,it works fine on another monitor so I'ts all working, I've been told I have to install new drivers when I replace the laptop screen,havn't got any ,tried Compaq site just went round in circles,got any clues where I might find a driver ,thanks again for your time, GOB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…