compaq micro case to atx case

Nessie 22:13 09 Mar 03

Can any of you experts tell me whether there are any special motherboard connections for the case to mobo connectors for a compaq pc. I have a compaq presario that has a micro atx mobo and it is going to be easier to change the case rather than the psu, which has gone. I just wonder if the case connections are going to be the same. Any help would be great.

DieSse 22:30 09 Mar 03

Some have, some haven't - I've seen both - it depends on the exact model.

Nessie 22:47 09 Mar 03

Even if they are not exactly the same I presume it will be easy enough to connect them even if they are not in exactly the same psition

Nessie 22:57 09 Mar 03

compaq presario 5410

hugh-265156 23:06 09 Mar 03

should fit into an atx case ok.

DieSse 23:30 09 Mar 03

I've looked at the only documentation i can find for this board - and it looks like a fairly standard ATX layout - so I think it should be OK. Why don't you look at the Compaq site, and try a confirmatory email.

I have seen older Compaq motherboards with totally non-standard PSU/Case connectors - hence my slight hesitation.

Nessie 19:58 10 Mar 03

Have fitted a standard atx psu and got it up and running though the case connections is in a block but should be simple enough to work out where to put the new cases connectors as these are seperate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…