Boot options Boot order
Notebook hard drive First
Notebook Floppy Second
Notebook MultiBay Third
Notebook Ethernet Fourth
To Enter the computer setup and change to a CD-ROM boot
1. Turn on the computer. When the Compaq logo displays, press F10. Or,
2. During Power On Self Test (POST), and after the memory check completes, press F10 as soon as you see a small white square flashing on the top right corner of the screen.
3. In the computer setup, use the right arrow to move the selection to the Advanced menu.
4. Use the down arrow to move the selection down to Boot options, and press Enter. The Boot options menu pops up with four boot order as described above.
5. Use the down arrow to move the selection down to Third (Notebook MultiBay) under Boot Order.
6. Press the left arrow twice to change the order of Notebook MultiBay to First.
7. Press F10 to accept the change.
8. Press ESC to jump back File menu, and then move the selection down to “Save changes and exit”.
9. Press Enter. If asked to save changes and exit, press F10.
10. The computer is restarted. If you already have a bootable CD-ROM in the drive, it will boot from the CD-ROM.
When you are done with loading or reinstalling operating system, and you want to reset the boot order to the default setting, follow step 1 thru 5 above. Then press the right arrow twice to change from First to Third order. Again, follow step 7 thru 9 above to complete the change.