Compaq 15-003sa

LEEDASH 17:19 12 Mar 15

Hello all I have a laptop problem model 15-a003sa. It developed a fault 3fo boot fault which was supposed to be fixed by hp well it was,until it was asking for a windows 8 key which was not supplied with the repair,strange ? That's what I thought,after speaking with hp repair they supplied me with a windows key which didn't work and was told on another occasion tags the windows set up doesn't need a key and it automatically works on first boot up of new hard drive. So I was advised to restore the laptop which restarted and went back to the '3fo' fault,the hard drive shows up in the bios and shows up on a external caddy. They will not help even though it's in warranty apparently it has liquid damage,balls and plenty of them,it's never been water not at £300 it ain't,but accounting to them it's 'curable' for an extra £150 quid. So the question is can this 3fo fault be cured buy Reinstalling win 7 or 8 from cd New hard drive In the bios the secure boot is 'greyed out' and can't be changed. Any help will be a bonus.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:08 12 Mar 15

3fo usually means boot disk not found.

causes

1. bad sectors in boot section of hard drive

2. bad connection between drive and motherboard (sata cable)

3. SATA controller failed on motherboard BIOS

the hard drive shows up in the bios and shows up on a external caddy which probably means its not 1 or 3

Can you get to adavanced tools menu by tapping F* as it boots?

if you can get to command prompt type

chkdsk /f/r

when its checked the drive it may then boot OK if not go back to Advance tools and run Start up repair - if it says can fault run the repair at least 5 times.

LEEDASH 18:25 12 Mar 15

Advanced tools is that in the bios ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:41 12 Mar 15

No its should be on the hard drive tap F8

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…