Compacting Emails problem

Enoch 06:48 01 Jan 07

I run XPhome, using Outlook Express for my emailing.

Today I compacted my email folders, but instead of compacting the folders it copied them to my Recycle bin. Not a problem because it did not delete, only copied, however I assume the the email folders were not compacted.

Any ideas anyone???

Enoch 08:21 01 Jan 07

^

Enoch 08:40 01 Jan 07

On checking, it seems my email folders have changed the extension to .bak, and I think thy should be .dbx

How do I change them to the correct extention please----anybody???

postie24 09:08 01 Jan 07
  postie24 09:10 01 Jan 07
  Leslie-212488 09:24 01 Jan 07

^

Enoch 10:53 01 Jan 07

postie24-----I started working on your second option which made sense to me. However, I could not find the emails were it says "To change file associations" item 1, therefore I could not continue.

Advice please if you would please be so kind

postie24 11:08 01 Jan 07

Hi enoch,have a look here.c/documents&settings/your name/local settings/application data/identities/microsoft/outlook express.

Dbx files are there

Enoch 13:26 01 Jan 07

Postie24--------Thank you very much, your leads worked fine. However, all the files within your direction to Outlook Express are .dbx files so I did not change any.

What I think is happening is as follows; When I "compact" my email files I can see two things happening, one is the compacting pop-up window showing files being compacted AND in addition at the same time is see the "Copying" pop-up showing copying being done of the same files. I imagine the copying is being sent to the "Recycle bin".

I am not sure what to do next. Do I ignore the problem because the compacting is being done and I can delete the .bak copy files from the "Recycle bin"? Or, should I find a way to stop the .bak files

I await your post with interest and hopefully good advice

Enoch 15:20 01 Jan 07

^

postie24 16:40 01 Jan 07

Hi enoch,have a read through this and see if it helps

click here

Postie24

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now