Compactflash Card / SD Card

Enoch 12:58 17 Aug 04

Please advise:- What is the difference between a CompactFlash Card and a SD Card. I use a "CompactFlash Card" in my camera and I have a spare card. I have now got a Digital Radio and the instructions require a SD card to be installed for recording purposes. Are they the same card or do I need to purchase an SD Card

cga 13:14 17 Aug 04

They "more or less" do the same job but they are a different size and format.

Actually, there are other additional functions of an SD card and it is a lot smaller.

tomtom10 13:20 17 Aug 04

I think you can buy an adaptor, so you can fit an SD card into a CompactFlash card 'shell', for use in your digital camera, although I am not sure about prices.

cga 18:22 17 Aug 04

I have seen adapters for XD cards - mainly because many multi-card readers do not have a dedicated slot for XD. As for SD, well I have not seen them but I guess it is quite likely they exist. However, with the price of memory cards at the moment there does not seem a lot of point.

Bagsey 18:26 17 Aug 04

With the prices quoted here
click here it really isn't necessary to worry about adapters etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…