//some 3rd party need geo

COMPACT FLASH READER info required

THOMASIO 21:08 06 Oct 03

A friend purchased a Canon digital camera recently using compact flash memory. He would like me to print of some pics for him. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2. Can the pics be downloaded from the card reader without loading the camera software.

Simon_P 21:13 06 Oct 03

If you are using jpegs it there should be no problems.

If you are using RAW file format you will need a conversion program.

Camera info please.

wags 21:13 06 Oct 03

Yes. If you buy a USB card reader, you will have no need fro the camera's software. If you're running XP, no drivers will be required for the card reader, which will be recognised as removable disk. If earlier op system, drivers will be included on a CDRom with the reader. This is the best (and fastest)to download and will save on battery power.

THOMASIO 21:32 06 Oct 03

Thanks guys. I am running XP the camera is a POWERSHOT 200, quite an old camera. Any suggestions on the best Card Reader to buy.

Simon_P 21:57 06 Oct 03

I use a Belkin USB 2 HS-SD multi card reader.
It supports USB 1.1 or 2.0 and I find it very fast in USB 2.0 mode.

AubreyS 21:59 06 Oct 03

Check out ebay. I just bought one for a friend for £7.

AubreyS 22:08 06 Oct 03
  rev.bem 22:22 06 Oct 03
  anchor 09:18 07 Oct 03

I have recently bought a Canon S50, which uses compact flash.

I never use the cameras own software to load the pics into my PC, I only use the USB compact flash reader. I have the Belkin which I found excellent; no special drivers needed for either ME or XP.

THOMASIO 09:57 07 Oct 03

Thanks Guys.

anchor.

You never use the camera software! do I simply connect to the camera and scanner wizard ?
A short explanation would be appreciated.

Thomasio

accord 10:02 07 Oct 03

XP and ME will recognise the device automatically. You can then open up the pictures in whatever imaging program you wish and start to manipulate them to your hearts content.

I am using a Belkin SD/MMC card reader on XP and it installed first time and without any probs.

Plus....its much easier to take the card out of the camera amd pop it into the reader than connecting the camera to pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…