Compact Flash formatting problem

nick_j007 22:15 06 Sep 05

Hello all,

Getting in a bit of a mess here.

I have taken a 1gig Hitachi microdrive out of my digital camera and placed it in a X's Drive (portable 40 gig storage device) to use it as a card reader as it is USB2 speed.

It would not recognise the microdrive and asked if I wanted to format it. I said no.

I copied the files over using another USB1 card reader to clear my pictures out of the way, then decided to investigate further the non-reading issue on the portable device.

When asking again if I wanted to format the microdrive (and here comes my mistake I think) I of course said 'yes'.

Now, when placing the microdrive back in my camera it cannot format it at all, and it's just not working.

Have I changed the FAT32 whatsit to another type?
Managed to insert the microdrive to the device and then go to disk management in windows XP. Under the file system column it has nothing there, but it does say Healthy (active).My main drives are reading NTFS, and the portable device by the way is a FAT32.

Hope I'm clear enough there.

Any pointers please?

Regards,

Nick

nick_j007 22:23 06 Sep 05

Reformatted it back to a FAT only type...all is well now.

Thanks all.

Nick

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:24 06 Sep 05

To prove the drive is working try copying a file to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…