Compact flash card unreadable

Nails1 21:01 20 Aug 05

I have just returned from holiday. When viewing my photos on the camera the camera displayed a message "Card not initialised". Now all of my holiday photos are lost. How can I retrieve the data?
PC gives message card not formated so cannot view either.

johnnyrocker 21:05 20 Aug 05

might it just be a case of remove/reseat card as they can slip, were you able to view your pics at any time on the cam while away?

johnny.

Nails1 21:20 20 Aug 05

I have tried reseating the card & also used a card reader but no joy. Really gutted as took some photos of my daughter riding in Wales.

NormanD 21:26 20 Aug 05

I realise that you cannot see your pictures now, but were you able to review the pictures in the camera after taking them - Norman

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:34 20 Aug 05

From cfc msticks smartmedia etc.
Smart recovery click here
zero assumption click here

johnnyrocker 23:47 20 Aug 05

exactly what i asked but did not get answered

johnny.

Try taking the card to a photography outlet - see if their machines read your card okay.

Or, if you can get your PC reading the card, you can try fixing the data/volume info by running scandisk utility. Provided the card is readable in some way, you can right click/select Properties/Tools etc...

Nails1 11:03 21 Aug 05

Sorry Johnnyrocker misread your question. At first I could view them on my camera but then got the message. I could not view them at all on the PC.
The link from Fruitbat to zero assumption worked straight away & was easy to use.
A sincere thanks to all.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:23 21 Aug 05

Glad you have recover your photos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…