Comp keeps crashing/monitor goes to standby

lazysunbather 17:17 06 Feb 03

comp works normal then sreen turns to stand by and the comp locks up at the same time.i have to turn off manually wait 5 mins turn on again.I have norton utilities and have run win doc but no errors are being shown.This problem could happen after using the computer for 5 mins or 5 hours its unpredictable when it is going to happen.Although it always happens after about 5 mins when im trying to play a game....please help me

MartinT-B 17:23 06 Feb 03

Download SANDRA from the download Library (link abve) - then test your system.

Sandra Standard (September, 2002)
Keep your computer running smoothly and efficiently with this set of system diagnostics and benchmarking tools. You also get performance tune-ups for all your hardware devices and subsystems. Reporting features let you easily save, print, fax, and e-mail detailed system reports. This version offers additional modules, including CPU, multimedia, network, and memory-bandwidth benchmarking.

click here

More info would be useful

Post sandra results - it should tell you any problems and fixes.

Motherboard, processor, graphics card etc. + drivers

BrianW 17:24 06 Feb 03

The fact it happens after about 5 mins when playing games may indicate an overheating problem. Can you check your CPU temperature? Also, have the side of your case of and look to see if the fan is running. If it is overheating, removing the side may extend the period before seizure when game playing - another diagnostic check for overheating.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…