comodo pro firewall removel

jolorna 07:34 18 Aug 08

comodo pro firewall even thogh it was removed years ago started a few days ago to become firewall when i restart teh computer but not every time so it is leaving me with no firewall, i have done a search and removed anything comodo & also a full registry scan using regseeker for comodo and deleted every entry but its still happening

julius44 07:48 18 Aug 08

Hi there, look for a and downloadfree a program called revo uninstaller, it'll remove comodo or any program 100% completely. its really powerful. i have it on my desktop, and it always does the business

jolorna 07:51 18 Aug 08

i will give revo a go cheers and see what happens

jolorna 08:09 18 Aug 08

i have just given revo a go it couldn't find comodo by name, but i have removed all junk files so will wait and see what happens, i will leave the thread open for a couple of days just to see if it still happens

rawprawn 10:37 18 Aug 08

If that doesn't work re install it, and then use Revo to uninstall it using Advanced mode.

jolorna 10:55 18 Aug 08

had thought about that but wherever i look to try and find it it needs your card details just so you can download a 30 day trial, it was only a trial last year or the year before but couldn't get on with it so deleted it then, but for some unknown reason its decided to start doing this and were only talking like within the last 4 days, so i can't understand what i have done to the computer to have created this problem i only use windows firewall have tried many others but each one has created a problem, unless it is related to sygate which i downloaded and tried last week so removed it

rawprawn 11:25 18 Aug 08

I can only offer two other suggestions,1) Try a System Restore. 2)Search for Commodo using Regedit and delete all it finds. (Make a registry backup before you start so that if all goes belly up you can get back to square one.

jolorna 15:41 18 Aug 08

looks like revo might have done it as it hasn't played up at all since i removed all the junk files i have given it quite a few reboots during the day, if it happens again rawprawn i will try your suggestion's thank you both for your input
will tick as resolved

tullie 16:13 18 Aug 08

Commodo Free Firewall is still free

click here

jolorna 20:43 18 Aug 08

up to now since using revo the problem hasn't poped up again but will not your link incase it does thanks for that, tullie i did download the free version thinking it would have loaded but it showed the pro had to be uninstalled first so that idea didn't work, im not intrested in having comodo instaled as i couldn't get on with it age's ago thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now